WHAT: The Opening Acts is a series of panel sessions on the Sunday before VMworld US.
WHY: We feel that subject matter experts having open discussions about technology and community provides a great learning opportunity, and an opportunity for professional networking.
WHERE: Beerhaus (at the Park), next to New York New York. 3784 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
WHO: VMworld attendees such as yourself!
WHEN: August 26th, 2018, 1-4pm
HOW: In person or (hopefully) live streamed on YouTube
As always, we strive to find just the right combination of snark, wit, and smarts in each and every one of our panelists and moderators. The only missing ingredient is your winning personality and friendly smile.
1pm: 2018 Skills for engineers/architects/IT Executives
recording: https://youtu.be/9fiGiSUcGOg with presenting sponsor Veeam at :50
- Moderator: Michael Letschin, Field CTO—Nexenta @mletschin
- AJ Kuftic, VMware Architect—Highmark, Inc. @ajkuftic
- Sean Massey, Senior Technical Architect—AHEAD @seanmassey
- Keith Townsend, Solution Architect—VMware @ctoadvisor
- Rawlinson Riviera, Global Field CTO—Cohesity @punchingclouds
- Rebecca Fitzhugh, Technical Marketing Engineer—Rubrik @rebeccafitzhugh
- Rick Crisci, Trainer/Author/Owner—TrainerTests @vrick31
2pm: Tips for Multi-Cloud Success
- Moderator: Stu Miniman, Sr Analyst—SiliconANGLE Media @stu
- David Burton, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center @heyvburt
- Phoummala Schmitt, Azure Advocate—Microsoft @exchangegoddess
- Joshua Stenhouse, Solution Engineer—Rubrik @joshuastenhouse
- Brian Knudtson, Cloud Technologist—iland Cloud @bknudtson
- Tim Jabaut, Cloud Architect—VMware @timjabaut
Presenting sponsor VMware vSAN: https://youtu.be/pfCIK5YU4jg
3pm: Beating IT Burnout
- Moderator: Alastair Cooke, Trainer/Consultant—Demitasse Ltd. @demitassenz
- Eric Lee, Technology Architect—Cerner @ericblee
- Kat Troyer, Coach/Consultant—Gently Moving Forward @dailykat
- Alicia Preston, Founder—Mindful Roots @mindfulalicia
- Thom Greene, Cloud Engineer—SIS @tbgree00
- Lindy Collier-Grady, Digital Sales Manager—Radio One @indylindy22