Month: July 2014
Here we are again: VMworld US 2014 is around the corner and as excited as everyone is for the conference, there’s this “little” party that everyone is wanting to attend in order to kick off the week just right.
Q: How do I get into The Party?
A: You’ll need a wrist band for entry (a second wristband may be required to be served alcohol).
Q: Okay, I’ll bite: How do I get a wrist band?
A: There are three ways to get a wrist band:
- Sponsor give-away
- Sponsors have wrist bands; show them some love, and they may show some back in the form of a VIP wrist band!
- Opening Acts participation
- We’ve posted it and talked about it: Attend Opening Acts and participate and you can earn a wrist band.
- Ticket exchange
- Buy a ticket (see below) and exchange it for a wrist band outside the door the night of the party.
The afternoon’s agenda is set, the panel membership for the topics is being finalized, and moderators are being assigned. With that, we’re ready to publicize the times and panels for our inaugural Opening Acts:
|Time||Panel A||Panel B|
|1pm||Social Media/Careers||Storage (SDS & traditional)|
|2pm||Networking (SDN & traditional)||Orchestration, Automation, & Optimization|
|3pm||Cloud & General Virtualization||Architecture & Infrastructure|
You’ve already seen the posts about Opening Acts, so it’s finally time to pull back some of the covers on our EIGHTH presentation of The VMunderground. With the genesis of Opening Acts, we see this is a breakthrough year for community; with this beginning, we hope you agree that there are NO LIMITS to what we can accomplish!
We’re happy to announce that this year’s party will be held in the beautiful City View at Metreon (4th & Mission), making it—as promised—conveniently close to the main VMworld 2014 US campus at the Moscone. As in previous years, we’ve lined up a stellar group of sponsors—both new and returning—which will be revealed slowly as we get closer to the big date.
Enough of the tease! Here are the details we’re willing to share at the moment:
Who: Anyone with a VMunderground 2014 Wristband (more on that in a future post!)
What: A social event: food (heavy apps & desserty stuff, but don’t be “that guy”: eat a meal before you come!), beverages (soft drinks, beer & wine), great peers, great conversations!
Why: Shake off the rigors of travel to San Francisco and prepare for an exhausting week of the annual VMware love-fest!
Where: As indicated above: City View at Metreon
When: Sunday, August 24, 2014. 8pm to 11pm
How: Walk up; get checked in; have fun!
Keep an eye on this blog, and follow @vmunderground on Twitter for more information!
We’re less than 6 weeks away from the inaugural Opening Acts and VMunderground events at the start of VMworld US 2014, so we’re starting to turn the heat up on our information flow. Only a couple of items with this post, but they’re important:
1) We’re starting our sponsor announcements. These are the folks that allow us to put these events in motion; please bookmark our 2014 Sponsor page and show some love to all the companies and organizations that appear here. Plan to visit them during the show, too, and let them know you appreciate their involvement.
2) We officially announced the ticketing & registration for Opening Acts. We told everyone when & where it’s happening; we also told everyone that OpeningActs (The Sessions) and VMunderground (The Party) will share the same venue but occupy different time slots. If you’re the savvy IT folks we know you to be, you’ve figured out where the evening’s activities will take place.
3) Given the proximity of The Party to the main VMworld campus, we have no doubt that people who hesitated to attend last year (due to distance) will be flocking to it this year. This means we are going to have a paid ticket process similar to last year–a variety of times and days-of-week to cover the global community, plus some special releases at some VMware Community events–with details on the process & “rules of engagement” to be announced.
That’s all for now, but keep this blog site bookmarked for additional details and announcements!
With registration for VMworld 2014 opened and the content catalog available for scheduling, the VMunderground team is starting to get questions about how to get into The Party.
As in previous years, The VMunderground Party will be open to ticket holders first; then as long as there’s capacity, conference badge holders will be admitted.
TL;DR: You can get a free ticket by receiving one from a sponsor or participating in Opening Acts. Paid tickets will be announced at a later time. Read the rest of this entry »